Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Follow Me

In last week's sermon we discussed how Jesus called his disciples. Out of the blue, (or so it seems) Jesus walked by the lake and called the fishermen. And, as incredible as it may seem, "immediately" they left their nets and followed Jesus.

This story is a powerful one, that asks the question, how is Jesus calling me?

I shared the stories of John Wesley, John Newton and Corrie TenBoom. These are some of my favorite stories of people who were faithful to God's call. We looked at their stories to see that no matter where you are, God can call you to follow. The important part is not how you were called, but how did you respond?

So, my question to you is how did (or how are) you respond(ing) to God's call in your life?

1 comment:

The Gibbon said...

I found the first person modernized and paraphrased witnesses extremely powerful and effective. I also liked that the Corrie reference harkened back to a previous sermon, Newton from our last movie night and discussion, and Wesley representing our heritage.

When called, my typical strategy is to stick my fingers in my ears and go "la,la,la,la,la"!