Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Surrounded By Saints

Tim’s message Sunday was a reminder that human vision is 20/20 in hindsight; we don’t recognize Saints until they’re gone. But that doesn’t mean that they’re not all around us. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t us! We have a choice. Are we going to be ill –fitting shoes cluttering the floor and tripping people up, or are we going to be strong shoulders for the present and future to stand on?

To help Tim develop as a lay preacher, please comment below. Did you at any time during the service feel the Spirit stir inside you; move you? If so when? Did you feel touched by the message or manipulated? Were you inspired to commit your life to continue Christ’s work? What does Tim need to improve upon?

4 comments:

Pamago said...

I already gave my comments to Tim. I'm sure he has heard enough from my quarter. LOL.

Sorry that I didn't have the camera ready to snap a couple of pictures during the children's sermon!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Tim-Sunday's service was FANTASTIC! You have a gift of preaching the Word with exellent illustrations! Where did you come up w/the idea of the shoes for the children's sermon? Good illustration.
And it was great reminding us that there are "saints" all around us.
And a good reminder to us to try to follow the Lord's ways and be a good example!
You seemed very relaxed and confident. Keep up the good work. The Manhattan Methodist Church is very fortunate to have you as one of their leaders!!!
Cargill

Anonymous said...

Loved the children's sermon! You really have a gift. Think the regular sermon was a tiny bit too long.

The Gibbon said...

A comment that came in outside of the blog: "The most moving part of the service for me was the time for reflection and naming the saints in our lives. I was moved to tears when I thought of all the people that I have to thank for being such great role models and I am thanking them individually as I see them or in my prayers."